Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thanks Anthony Robbins for the lesson, Thanks God for the slap

 A small introduction of Anthony Robbins from wikipedia. Anthony "Tony" Robbins(born February 29,1960) is an American self-help author and motivational speaker. He became well known through his informercials and self-help books, Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement and Awaken The Giant Within. Robbins writeS about subjects such as health and energy, overcoming fears, persuasive communication and enhancing relationships. Robbins began his career learning from many different motivational speakers and promoted seminars for his personal mentor, Jim Rohn. He is deeply influenced by neuro-linguistic programming and a variety of philosophies.

In one of the books of Anthony Robbins where he explains about how he became a motivational speaker he says that when he had joined an organization for speakers everyone who had enrolled there used to give two speeches a week but Tony Robbins used to give two speeches a day because he had a very clear goal of becoming a SPEAKER. So he used to do it the maximum number of times possible and he teaches that if you are wanting to be a professional in something you need to do it everyday and not just on a weekend. Even Robin Sharma endorses the same idea in his book 'The Greatness Guide'. Thanks to both these masters. They had passed on a lesson which they had learnt, to me theoretically. Today I learnt the same lesson practically. Today I was given an opportunity to address a gathering of 40 people for an inspirational talk. After speaking for about 20-30 minutes I faced one of the tightest slaps I have ever got on my speaking ability. I just felt that I had misearbly failed to keep up to the standard of an inspirational speaker that I aimed to be. The sole reason for this was I was practising the profession of a speaker for few minutes once a fortnight or sometimes once a month. I had concluded on my own that based on my job timings this is the best that I could give for my speaking career. Folks! you don't achieve what you want by just giving your best, you achieve it by giving what is required to achieve it. This was one more solid slap on my ignorance of the lessons of the experienced. Though one of my friends said "Awesome" after I spoke I clearly could read the audience feedback. At that time I felt that you should never ask your friends for feedback. They are too good to say the truth straight on your face because they care for you and can't see you feeling hurt. When the live feedback is from the audience in front of you, you need not ask anyone else.

Friends, please don't make the mistake that I have made. You don't become a painter by painting on your weekend or a singer by just singing a song on a sunday. If you are eyeing any of the professional career based on your interest better implement that interest everyday into action. If I can extend it further implement it every moment. A businessman who is involved in his business every second of the day only makes profits not anyone who opens the store once a week. Its very simple - if you're a student you need to study everyday, if you're a chef you need to cook everyday, if you're person in job you need to work everyday to get paid excepting holidays. I still am into brainstorming on how I'll implement my speaking practice everyday. Hope you start your preparation soon enough to avoid any slaps later.

Only waiting for your comments and feedback on
is.mohanbn@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment